Saturday, September 15, 2007

Meet The TruthSeeker

Welcome to my newest blog, and I hope you will keep visiting.

You will know me from the Viewpoint blog I write, and from the contirbutions I make to the EMC MediaBlog, but this, for me, is new.

This blog is much more specific in nature than Viewpoint, which is a very eclectic blog which reflects my eclectic views and interests. TruthSeeker however is very much what it says. It is about finding the truth, the cold hard facts, from amongst the spin, lies, rumour, propoganda and misinformation that gets spread by the media sometimes, not always deliberately.

Many times I have seen or heard a rumour reported as such early on, yet within hours it gets reported as fact without any additional information having come through to support it.

This isn't just a blog to me. TruthSeeker is not something that I choose to do, it is who I am. Deep down within me is a being who completely despises the spin that certain parts of the media put on the news, and in many ways, I am determined to show just how bad the media can be.

In a world of ideologies, I am the realist.
In a world of extremes, I am the centre.
In a world of propogandists, I am the TruthSeeker.

Bill O'Reilly tends to refer to his show as a "No Spin Zone". This blog IS a real no-spin zone. My scissors are sharpened, ready to cut through anything that isn't cold, hard, undeniable fact. The X-Files used to say that "The Truth Is Out There." Well, it is out there, and I will work to make sure the truth is here, too.

Now you have been introduced to the TruthSeeker. I look forward to you joining me in my continuing quest for the cold hard facts, and the undeniable truth that is out there, amongst the lies, the spin, the opinions, the propoganda, the rumour, the misinformation. It's never easy, but it will be worthwhile.

Stay sharp!

No comments: